Technology Support Specialist
Location: Indianapolis, IN (HQ)
Division: Heavy Equipment
This position serves as a support expert for all construction technology repair and service; developing into a Sitech specialist for all installation and hardware repair issues. Individual installs, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves Grade Control, mesh network, and Telematics customer issues. Position also serves as key component to establishing and growing component repair and service business. Position will be trained in all Cat Accugrade, Trimble, and Rajant component diagnostics and repair.
Essential Position Duties
- Through extensive training, become the in house expert on all Cat, Trimble, and Rajant component repair.
- Troubleshoot product, software and hardware in a timely manner; serving as internal expert for component hardware product issues or problems. This may include equipment located on the machine itself such as receivers, radios and GPS/PL monitors.
- Install and calibrate GPS equipment on machines. Install and activate PL equipment on machines, and train customers on how to utilize the equipment.
- Develop a strong working understanding of all software utilized in Machine control and telematics technologies.
- Total understanding of all necessary electronic business systems. Individual will be required to open and close work orders, and perform all parts fulfillment activities with Cat, Trimble, and Rajant business systems.
- Facilitate, track, and administer all Sitech warranty repairs and processes, emphasis on component repair business.
- Position will be responsible for all warehouse inventory management.
- Individual will attend all necessary Trimble training classes required to be certified as a “Service” dealer.
- Dedicated self-starter with the ability to work independently without the need for daily direct supervision and a strong sense of urgency.
- Very strong mechanical / electronic aptitude and the ability to install, diagnose, and repair GPS components
- Demonstrated knowledge of GPS and Telematics technologies and applications.
- Strong customer service skills and a thorough understanding of Price, Quality and Turnaround principles.
- A team player possessing the ability to professionally work with customers, vendors, peers and co-workers as well as the ability to develop strong, long term relationships.
- Strong computer, business system skills i.e. (Accugrade Office Products, Trimble Office Products).
- Strong verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills and listening skills.
- A thorough knowledge of the Caterpillar, Trimble, and Rajant product line, application and various markets preferred