Location: Indianapolis, IN (HQ)
Essential Position Duties
- Delivers training to MacAllister and Michigan Cat personnel in the area of Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Office, Open Office and email.
- Provides training in regard to the dealer business system, , SIS Web, SIS Disk and MacAllister / Michigan Cat developed applications.
- Work with customer to support Caterpillar software and technology hardware.
- Monitor and work with customer software. Ensures registration of software and maintenance records are in order. Ensures customers are invoiced for software.
- Review and recommend improvements in procedures throughout the divisions of MacAllister and Michigan Cat. Including administrative procedures and policies.
- Work with service technicians regarding service applications and procedures.
- Provide feedback on improvements in procedures and processes.
- Provides training on new IT systems or systems enhancements.
- Provide training aids and handouts to trainees.
- Test and evaluate new system functions to ensure the quality and accuracy of the new system before deployment.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support and training.
- Provides support to end users on hardware and software in consultation with the Help Desk.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Maintains training records.
- Semiannual presentation on product support and IT training.
- Provide branch visitation reports.
- Ensures adequate training for support personnel of the dealer business system and Cat applications.
- Make recommendations for improvements and changes in support of the business systems and web based support system.
- Visit branch locations as necessary to ensure the proper operations of equipment and hold training sessions.
- Work with help desk support personnel in the resolution of IT related issues. Is an extension of the help desk during branch visits.
- May require an associate’s degree in a related area.
- In-depth knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures with the IT and Caterpillar product support.
- Relies on minimal supervision and instruction on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Information Technology and training.
- A high degree of independent judgment in resolving issues.
- Excellent planning, project managements and problem resolution skills along with superior communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Conversant and knowledgeable with Caterpillar PC software and network.
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle with some personality.
- Up to 50% of time is dedicated to branch visitation in Indiana and Michigan.
- Team player and dedicated to training excellence.