Agriculture Field Service Supervisor
Location: Indianapolis, IN (HQ)
The Ag Field Service Supervisor leads technical support efforts for Ag customers and field service operations; assisting in trouble shooting machine problems, leading root cause analysis efforts and serving as a liaison between the dealership, customers and Ag manufacturer Reps.
Essential Position Duties
- Position is responsible for supervising and coordinating a group of Field Service Technicians; scheduling work and coordinating logistical support for tooling, parts and delivery.
- Position maintains service and performance measures for both the individual and the team while developing and mentoring the technicians.
- Position is primarily focused on non-application Agriculture equipment.
- Answers any customer concerns on a daily basis.
- Provides technical support and assists customers and technicians in the repair of equipment as needed.
- Provides technical information for all shop and field technicians, staying current on the latest technical products, product repairs and technical updates/changes.
- Work with Ag Reps to resolve issues through SOURCE.
- Communicates with AGCO as the technical contact regarding product problems and relaying that information to the appropriate personnel.
- Manages and schedules product improvements as they become available.
- Coordinates and manages respective field service group, including opening the job by receiving and entering a job order to include the current information and complaints about the equipment; evaluating customer’s needs, time frame and complaints to assign best available field technician(s); assist in closing jobs by verifying parts charges, parts returns and field technician’s time charged to job; evaluating warranty variance; developing work processes to meet and/or exceed customer’s needs and managing the work in process.
- Schedules work and coordinate daily field functions, emphasizing the expected time and cost goal for all assigned jobs. Estimates and quotes jobs, manages work in process and oversees all work order functions. Makes sure appropriate systems are updated with the expected completion times for all jobs. Is aware of and understands details of progress for every job.
- Schedules all training, meetings, days off, and maintains maintenance schedule for assigned service trucks; minimizing service truck expenses.
- Communicates with customers, managers, suppliers and technicians to assure the optimum operation of the field and obtainment of profit goals. Insures team faithfully adheres to the philosophy of Price, Quality and Turnaround so that internal and external customers develop a high degree of trust and respect. Assures strong relationships with customers by timely follow-up and strong problem resolution skills.
- Responsible for incremental business, working closely with Technicians and Sales personnel in the quoting of jobs, contacting the customer for approval, ordering outside purchases, making follow-up calls for all un-approved quotes and ordering all parts for approved business.
- Supervises, directs, motivates and leads all Field Technicians including employee development; performance evaluations; compensation issues; paid time off; assessing skills and competencies; administering policy and procedures as it relates to the staff; coaching; mentoring and training to assure employee satisfaction and retention.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines and laws as they pertain to staff and customers within the department premises.
- Constantly improves work processes to increase customer satisfaction, efficiency, profitability and employee productivity and satisfaction. Understands and employs 6 sigma tools and techniques
- Builds a teamwork atmosphere and insures a high degree of employee satisfaction and productivity while holding individuals accountable for their actions. Interprets and reinforces the corporate culture, everyday, with all staff and serves as a role model for the Department.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a high school education or the equivalent with at least 2 years vocational school training in heavy equipment preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through industry experience and / or college education.
- 10 years experience as a Technician, Lead and/or Supervisor, preferably with Ag equipment.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Strong verbal communication, listening and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including team building, creative thinking, decision-making, planning and goal setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including influence, negotiation, coaching and counseling.
- Strong customer service skills with basic prospecting skills and the ability to meet or exceed customer expectations. Solid understanding of price, quality and turnaround, actively applying this understanding consistently and well. Effectively communicates expectations with customers on what products and services will cost, insuring price charged represents a good value. Insures customer maintains control over decisions that affect price
- Acts as coach and mentor, taking the time to educate and inform staff. Reinforces or corrects performance in a positive constructive manner. Coaches, corrects, role models to others the message of appropriate customer service behavior.
- Solid problem solving skills and the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, guidelines and laws.
- Is able to project professionalism with both internal and external customers, is able to develop strong, long term relations with people inside and outside the company.